Observed random hang on intel platform like baytrail, haswell and skylake
ViruS Tadala
2016-12-13 15:21:05 UTC
Hi,

I have downloaded krogoth version of yocto and build it.

Kernel version : 4.4
gstreamer-vaapi : 1.8.0
libva : 1.7.0
Intel-driver : 1.7.0

Then flashed the built image on haswell(Intel i5-4590) and launched
multiple instances of below pipeline and observed system hang at some point.

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc is-live=true pattern=22 horizontal-speed=20 !
'video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)864, height=(int)480,
framerate=(fraction)10/1' ! vaapiencode_h264 min-qp=20 ! queue !
vaapidecode ! queue ! vaapisink

Didn't get any kernel logs or gstreamer error messages when it occurs. I
tried below tests but didn't get helped.

1. Tried kernel version 4.8
2. Other versions of gstreamer-vaapi and libva.

Looking forward for your suggestions and let me know if you need more
information.

Best Regards,
Veeranna
Sean V Kelley
2016-12-13 18:47:31 UTC
Hi Veeranna,

Could you file your bug here:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=libva

We can give you feedback, request logs, etc..

Thanks,

Sean
Post by ViruS Tadala
[...]
Open Source Technology Center / SSG